The TQ Experience
The “TQ Experience” is a one-of-a-kind camp experience filled with games, new friends, and lots of FUN. Our counselors and support staff work hard to carefully plan and organize interesting, age-appropriate activities for their groups. Terp Quest campers have opportunities for engaging in varied and exciting recreational activities. We are committed to creating fun-filled and memorable days for all, and we measure our success by the number of campers returning year after year.
So, what do we do at camp?
Every day, we...
- Play sports & games. Campers enjoy action-packed traditional sports and cooperative, non-elimination games appropriate to their age, which build endurance, strength, and flexibility. Sportsmanship, teamwork and cooperation are promoted as campers learn game fundamentals and rules.
- Go swimming. Terp Quest campers enjoy some unstructured free swim time in our outdoor pool while under the supervision of our Red Cross certified lifeguards and camp counselors.
Every week, we...
- Do arts & crafts. Terp Quest campers will explore various craft techniques and test different artistic mediums to create their own art projects or Terp Quest camp keepsakes 2 or 3 times per week.
- Engage in outdoor adventure. Terp Questers totally rock the climbing wall every week! Campers join social, high energy activities at the Challenge Course and Climbing Wall. A variety of fun “get to know you” activities, group games, and climbing options engage everyone in an active environment that is “challenge by choice.”
- Go on campus trips. From time to time, we explore the University of Maryland campus, looking for new experiences and enjoying favorite spots in our backyard. Sites we have visited in the past include the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, the Xfinity Center, the Fire Science Engineering Lab, Terp Zone Bowling, the School for Public Health Sustainable Garden, the Campus Farm, and more.
- Enjoy guest presentations. Interesting speakers and performers are invited to educate and entertain our campers. Past performers have included Reptile World, Cool Science, Story Tapestries, Under the Sea, The UMD Health Center, Physics is Fun, and more.