Get Ready for Camp
Terp Questers participate in a variety of activities like playing games, climbing on the rock wall, or heading to the pool to cool off. We utilize mutiple spaces within the Eppley Recreation Center, are often found out and about on-campus, and walk to all of our destinations. Stay in the know and prepare in advance so your camper is ready to take on the day!
Getting to Camp
Please follow the driving directions provided here. We strongly suggest all families drive the route to the Terp Quest Drop-Off/Pick-Up site prior to the first day for which their child is registered. This may also relieve the natural anxiety children sometimes experience in attending a new camp.
DO NOT enter from Route 1/Baltimore Ave as you will experience major construction, detours, and delays.
From Route 193 West - Stadium Entrance
1) Enter at the STADIUM DRIVE gate, off Route 193/University BLVD, enter the traffic circle.
2) Exit the traffic circle at the 2nd exit, staying on Stadium Drive.
3) Take Stadium Drive around the corner, staying to the right, nearing the football stadium (on your right)
4) Turn LEFT on La Plata Drive and drive until you see the drop off point at the Eppley Recreation Center (GOLD STAR on pdf map).
5) DO NOT PARK, stay in line and we will come to you.
Traffic patterns are subject to change throughout the summer months. Please be sure to follow detour** signs when posted. Terp Quest directional signs will also be placed to assist you in navigating to our Drop-Off/Pick-Up site.
DO NOT USE THE ADDRESS FOR OUR FACILITY TO MAP YOUR ROUTE! IT WILL NOT TAKE YOU TO THE DROP-OFF/PICK-UP LOCATION!
Metered parking is available at the top of Valley Drive adjacent the Terp Quest Drop-Off/Pick-Up site as well as in front of the Eppley Recreation Center. Please take a moment to read the directions below for 15 minutes of free parking. If you have not made advance arrangements for a late drop-off or early pick-up for your camper, you may experience a delay (longer than 15 minutes). Please plan your parking time accordingly and pay a fee if necessary.
Metered Parking Instructions
- Press OK to start
- Put in your space number- be sure ALL numbers are there BEFORE pressing OK
- Press OK
- Press the #1 and OK
- Press the #4 and OK
- You will get a receipt for a FREE 15 minutes of parking
NOTE: If you are in the facility longer than 15 minutes, you are subject to ticketing. Terp Quest will make every effort to dismiss your camper quickly, and we ask for your cooperation by being prepared with proper identification each and every time you pick up.
** NOTICE: Terp Quest is not responsible for parking violation fees.**
Parking meters and parking payment kiosks are controlled by the University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services. Rules for metered parking are subject to change.